On my emergency trip to Wal-Mart for some sponges and trash bags (to clean up some stuff Kate had gotten in to), I noticed the sign in the parking lot. Chely Wright was going to be there today. I looked at the times, and I had just missed it by about 30 minutes. I went in, and walked down the middle lane, and there she was, with a line of like six people to see her. I asked her to sign something for my daugter Kate, telling her she was a big fan. Which is true, Kate loves any music. She was very excited to get the autographed photo when I got home.I have a photo of her that I took with Cammie's phone, but haven't been able to get it off the phone to the computer yet. Anyhow, it's neat to see folks coming here, to Waveland and Bay St. Louis, to help keep the city in the news, and to help get the word out about all the help that people down here need. Thanks Chely, and all you folks that come and make visits, and encourage people here. I talked to her for a short second, and told her "please come back, and keep coming back" and she said that she had several more trips planned. Maybe Kate can be there next time.
Well thats it for now. Time to get some shuteye, Kate will wake up soon I'm sure.
-Andy (posting under Cammie's login)
No comments:
Post a Comment